Strain Improvement is the improvement in product formation or cellular properties by modifying the biochemical pathways using recombinant DNA technology. The strain improvement results in the improvement of final product, reduction of by product formation, new product formation etc. Methods used in the strain improvement are mutation and recombinant technology. The applications are ethanol-yeast production, antibiotic organic acid production etc.
- Track 1-1 Genetic Engineering Scale Up
- Track 2-2 Culture Conditions
- Track 3-3 Classical Strain Improvement
- Track 4-4 Screening Assays for Bioactive Molecules
- Track 5-5 Upstream and Downstream of Industrial Microbial Processes
- Track 6-6 Strain Isolation
- Track 7-7 Anti-microbial Peptides and Resistance