Microbial Biotechnology can be defined as one of the aspect of biotechnology which involves the use of the microorganisms or their products. Microbial biotechnology is also referred to as industrial microbiology because of its new discoveries made in the field of genetic engineering. Industrial microbiology was initially established for the alcoholic fermentation process to produce wine and beer, and later it was used for microbial production of antibiotics, enzymes, butanol, citric acids etc. Recent research has shown that microbial biotechnology plays major important role in improved vaccine production and disease-diagnostic tools.
- Track 1-1 Commercial Production of Microorganism
- Track 2-2 Harvesting and Disrupting Microbial Cells
- Track 3-3 Bioconversions
- Track 4-4 Biodegradable Microbial Bioplastics
- Track 5-5 Bioremediation
- Track 6-6 Microbial Proteins
- Track 7-7 Radioactive Environments